Blogs I Love

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Halloween comes in a close second to Christmas when it comes to my favorite holiday. I am lucky to have married someone who loves it just as much as I do. It may have something to do with the fact that we are both October babies. Lucas was almost born on Halloween...he decided to take his sweet time however and missed it by a long shot. :) He is either going to love or hate Halloween given that it's so close to his birthday. It makes for an extra busy month, with all the birthdays, but I love it.

Halloween morning some of Caleb's family were getting together to go trick or treating at Market Mall. Lucas was not that into it and just wanted out of his stroller, so to the play place we went! He loves this play place, and I always love watching him have such a fun time. He looked extra cute in his pumpkin costume.



Later in the day was a party at the chapel in Cochrane. I was happy to be invited and it was so much fun! Lucas loved all the other kids, and had a great time crawling all over the gym.

They had set up a little play area for the babies, so cute.



Lucas and his owl friend Avery! I think they are becoming better friends, because she doesn't hit him as much as she used to. :)

A picture of all the of the kids and some of the Moms.





My friend Breanna and her little girl. This was nearing the end of the party, I think you can tell by Lucas' and Avery's faces.

That night Caleb got home from school, and we carved our pumpkin while Lucas had a needed nap. I had made chilli for dinner that night, and after my friend Mindy told me that she makes chilli and corn bread for Halloween dinner every year, I sent Caleb out for some corn meal because it sounded so yummy. And it was! Lucas helped us hand out candy and he loved seeing all the kids. We didn't take him out because he's too little for candy, (not that he wouldn't love it!) and it was cold. I think he had a better time handing it out anyways.



Getting into our candy stash!



We had such a fun Halloween this year! We were unable to go to Cam and Christina's annual Halloween party, because we couldn't find a babysitter. No one else could either. So on the night of the party I went and watched Jenn and Jeff's kids so they could go. It was worth it because they won the highest number of points that night and got themselves first place at the party.

This year was so fun having a little baby to share it with. Here's to many more Halloweens in the future!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wow, how did you get his costume and the Halloween bowl and candy so color coordinated? Pretty cute pictures of that little Pumpkin!