Blogs I Love

Sunday, January 30, 2011

On a Sunday

i desperately want to start our family and have little babies, but that is not happening for us in the way we had hoped quite yet. I am trying so hard to be patient, but it is constantly on my mind and it's something I can't seem to escape. The pregnant lady in the grocery store, friends posting ultrasound pictures on facebook and blogs, the young mothers in the mall shopping together and pushing their tiny babies in strollers, and church...don't even get me started on church, all seem to remind me that I am not a part of this exclusive club. The optimist in me wants to keep a smile on my face knowing that one day soon I will join the club, but then there are so many stories of infertility, recurring miscarriages, that sometime make me wonder if I should be expecting the worst. I'm not sure which is better in the end.

But every once in a while I am reminded of how wonderful my life is and how I should just enjoy every second of it right now. Caleb's cousins live in Calgary, and one of them is actually our hometeacher. He came over last week to drop off something for us and came in a chatted for a bit. I was kind of embarassed because it was 6pm in the evening, we were already in our pyjamas, we had our tv tables out and were eating pizza while watching our tv shows.

His wife told me that when he got home that night he said, "I went over and they were in their pj's watching TV and eating pizza. I would give anything to do that right now!" (they have three young children)I didn't feel so embarassed after she told me that!

So here is to sleeping in, tv trays, spontaneous get aways, pizza, pyjamas, shopping together at the mall for hours, snowboarding, tv, movies, and spending time together pretty much every day of the week.

Today, life is good.


10 comments:

Nicole said...

Kailey you are such an inspiration! Your optimism is so encouraging. I to need to take time to be more thankful for the things I am blessed with. Regarding starting a family, I understand how it can be stressful and worrisome. Until I actually got pregnant, I had accepted that I never would be able to have my own children because in highschool I was diagnosed with a condition called endometirosis. This condition makes it extremely difficult to get pregnant. One thing however that gave me peace was the modern times that we now live in and all of the technological advancements that can help! I have a few friends that have had to take fertility drugs or do in-vitro. I am so glad there are these options available if needed! Take care Kailey! Love you and keep your chin up!!!

Skye said...

I love you.

The Lawlor's said...

That's where I am at too.

We also had a great day on Sunday spending it together...just us.

It was glorious. I'm glad you two have each other, and you seem to be a perfect fit.

Mark and Rachael said...

Kailey! Once again we live parallel lives! We seriously need to get together and chat - I have some experiences you need to hear about! Love u!!!

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

I love that you guys had a great week! I LOVE spending time with my hubby!!

Marc and Ra'Chelle said...

Hi Kailey! You may already know about this website, but I thought I would share anyway, if you didn't know about it. It's www.resolve.org. It's the National Infertility Association's website and has lots of resources. For one, I found a Infertility Support group that meets at SLC's library once a month. There may be a support group in your area, if your interested. You just type in your zip code and it will tell you where the closest support group is. There is also a section under "support and services" for "friends and family" to read...so they don't say stupid things like "just relax." I signed up on facebook, and I get daily articles posted to my wall. They also have a letters you can send your clergy (bishop) regarding mother's day and infertility. I can totally relate with you. I really hate going to church right now too. (I've skipped the last two weeks.) Seems like everything is "family oriented" from Church to TV to the pregnant gal at work...I can't escape it. I'm sorry for this sucky situation we're in. Hopefully this website will help.

Meredith said...

it took us a while to get preggo and i felt like everyone was pregnant everywhere i went while we were trying. i know that feeling. every baby blessing made me bitter/sad. but now that we do have one i certainly miss sleeping in. so much. you're so upbeat girl, way to be!
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I have a lot of family and family friends from Lethbridge! I didn't really grow up in Canada, but your family could possibly know mine, and if not that I am sure you all have mutual friends! My parents are Fred and Lisa.

Unknown said...

Oh Kailey...
I miss you..Wish we could meet up for some coffee. I love reading your blog!!! Also I think that your living room is looking fab...and i would like to see some more pics of your home. - Shi

Young People in Love said...

So I just stumbled across your blog and and I'm SO glad I did! This post is EXACTLY how I feel...kinda freakishly similar, actually. It's good to know that not EVERYONE is currently pregnant or with a newborn and hey- that's ok. I keep reminding myself that I need to not miss this special just wife and husband time because I'm too busy yearning for a little one. Thanks for the reminder!